Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Texas Roach in the Classroom

     A roach was casually crawling across my classroom floor today.  It was not an ordinary roach either.  It was a TEXAS roach!  If it had taken off, it would have looked like a 747. 
     My students were sharing their PowerPoint presentations so the light was dim.  What to do.....what to do......I pondered..... doing nothing hoping he would disappear into a corner before he was spotted. Of course, that did not work as one student suddenly blurted out, "A roach!"  
     Squeals and screams filled the air (and I was one of them)!  Thank God for boys…..one of them gladly stomped on him (more squeals erupted)!  Little antennas and legs were everywhere!  It was not a pretty scene....I felt like I needed to put crime scene tape completely around the classroom. Another brave boy gathered him up in about 50 Kleenex tissues.  I gave both boys a piece of candy for saving the day. 
     Now I am trying not to think about the fact that the dead roach might have relatives lurking around in my classroom.

                       

1 comment:

Jim said...

Was the stomp accompanyed by a pop?
It really adds tpo the grossness.