Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mother Daughter Bonding

     My two daughters, Jenny and Jodi, and I recently went to Starbucks.  I don’t usually go there because I do not have a clue how to order anything (I am a Dunkin Donut kind of girl)!  

     Well, Jodi orders for me, and she said, “I would like a Venti iced Americano, with a triple shot, 2%, organic, caramel, lightly sweetened, with white chocolate, with a dash of cinnamon, and just a tiny swirl of whipped cream.”  I loved it!

     Now I rehearsed and rehearsed this so that I would finally be able to go to Starbucks by myself….both girls coached me.  I felt like I was studying for a college final.  Well, last week I headed to Starbucks by myself.  I even called Jodi and rehearsed one more time.  Unfortunately, I left one word out..”iced".   My drink, that I had been so excited about, tasted like bark. Long live Dunkin Donuts.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Aren't these the same 2 daughters who have threatened to put you in a nursing home when you get older?

What makes you think they didn"t set you up when they taught you what to order? After all, they are like their Mama...