Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Happy Birthday


     Happy Birthday to my wonderful son, Buck. On the left, he is all smiles as he prepares to open his gifts. On the right, his big sister, Jenny, has now claimed his new toy. The doll is a Mattel Musical Love Notes - Bucky the Cowboy…..now a vintage toy. He plays harmonica sounds when you press his legs, arms and belly. Looking a little worn and tattered, Bucky, now sits proudly on display in my guest room. Unfortunately, Bucky is only worth about $16.00 now……not nearly enough to think about early retirement. 

     I cherish the years that brought us where we are today, but wish I had not counted the days to so many milestones like no more diapers, no more carrying 50 pounds of baby equipment to the car, no more car seats, or no more toys scattered all over the den. Now I think, “If I could just reach into this picture and hold these babies one more time!” 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness I remember that toy! Loved this!!