Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Memorizing Phone Numbers


When you leave a store without making a purchase, do you ever feel a slight panic as you ask yourself, “Am I still carrying anything around with me? Do I still have on anything I tried on?” 

Yesterday as I was leaving Bealls with my new running tennis shoes (no, I don’t run, but they are adorable), I hear a lady yelling, “Miss!”  I turn to see her walking towards me at a brisk pace.  Still not sure if she means me, I yell, “Who, me?”  To which she responds, “YES!”  With my heart pounding, I am mentally preparing myself for a strip-search right there in the parking lot.  My sweaty hands are tightly clutching my new turquoise running shoes as she approaches.  I was PUNKED…wickedly laughing in a nearby car sat a friend of mine, Valerie Hillman, who had maliciously put her sister up to this! 

I have not ever been arrested, and I can’t imagine that I ever will be at this point in my life; however, since I am a speed dialer, I would  be in trouble when I was told I could make my one phone call.  At this point, my cell phone (tucked sweetly inside its blue/turquoise flowery and sparkled case - BLING) along with the rest of my valuables (purse and five shades of lipstick) would be locked in a vault in another part of the facility. 


Come to think of it, if I am ever arrested at….hmmmmm let’s say for some kind of protest or something, I DO know my work number.  I am not sure if it is proper etiquette to call the school where you work if you are arrested, but if it comes to this, I will definitely ask for Valerie Hillman. 

1 comment:

Jim said...

I would so be in trouble...the only # I know is my cell phone...