Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Kayaking

         On a girls’ trip to Wisconsin, we decided to go on a kayak trip down a lazy river.  We were floating along singing, “The beautiful the beautiful river”……and before I could belt out, “Gather with the saints at that river”….I noticed Shirley’s shoe floating by.  Turning around, I realize that she had flipped her kayak.  She had this awful panic stricken expression on her face, and I unsuccessfully did my best to get back to her.   I did manage to take a couple pictures of her as a stranger helped get her and the kayak to the shore!  At this point, she actually looked like she could have had a starring role in a B rated zombie movie.  Some kayakers count capsizing as among the most memorable and ultimately fun experiences on a particular trip; I now understand why!  Obviously, what happened on the river, did not stay on the river!  

No comments: