Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

My Printer Hates Me

      My printer hates me!  This past week I suddenly got a beep from the office intercom.  The school secretary comes on and says, “Ms. Wise, we just received a phone call from a school in another state, and they are complaining because you are printing to their computer!”  Did you pick up on the words, “ANOTHER STATE”?    She went on to explain that it is a color printer so they are really frustrated!  Of course, I am thinking, “Color, wow, I wonder if they would mind mailing it to me!”
This just boggles my mind because I would not know how to print to a computer in our neighboring town, Mulberry, much less a computer in another state.  Usually I just hit print and it magically appears at my desk.
      Of course, now I am afraid that every time I print, I am wasting some schools precious colored ink, and another negative phone call is forthcoming.  I figure I have probably made it to some FBI watch list at this point.  So now, with a sigh, I prayerfully push print, and hope it comes out at my desk and not three states away.  I might just start putting another teacher’s name on everything I print just in case the school gets any more complaints about my printing (I can always white the name out later).  Needless to say, I have a rocky relationship with my computer. 


2 comments:

Jim said...

I seem to remember another printer episode when you tried to print like a whole encyclopedia...

Blurbs by Brenda said...

LOL.....oh that is so true. I will have to share that story one day!