Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

School Field Trip (insert Jaws sound track here)


     We had a school field trip today.  I had a list and I checked it twice.  I counted 25 kids in my classroom, and I counted 25 kids on the bus…taking pride in my organization.  I counted again when we got off the bus.  Now I have heard war stories about teachers losing a kid, but all of a sudden I had 26 kids (I will refer to the extra kid as “A”).   I did not care who was sleeping, but I did care who was bad or good, and I especially cared that I suddenly had one extra kid that I did not recognize….”A”.  At this point I was wishing I was home doing those five loads of laundry.  I am trying to smile sweetly at “A” so he does not freak out, but thinking I would rather be rubbing my eyeballs with sandpaper.  Now, for those of you that don’t know, field trips, are like herding cats!  It took about an hour, but I finally got “A” with the right group.  Whew, I am now home with a fire going, and my feet propped up.    



1 comment:

Jim said...

You remind me so much of Spongebob!