Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Darth Vader, My Granddog



I just spent the last several days babysitting my grandkids Brock and Brady and my granddog!  My granddog, Vader, totally controls me!  Vader is a four year old pitch black Cockapoo.   He has three inch long eyelashes which curl up all on their own (I am jealous), with dark chocolate eyes that give him the ability to look sad at all times; he uses this look to manipulate me.   

Morning sweet morning!  When my feet hit the floor, I am not taking care of the needs of the boys….oh no, Vader comes first.  He does not realize I do not like to go outside in pajamas, so he gets very impatient as I get dressed.  Prancing through the grass he tugs and tugs on the leash determined to use the neighbor’s yard….NOT his own.  Back inside Vader is jumping at me for a treat for peeing in the neighbor’s yard (which he gets)! 

The boys have now settled in front of a video game (shhhhhhhhh).  As I am trying to be nana of the year and discuss what they want for breakfast, Vader is now talking to me by making  raspy breathy sounds that come from deep within his throat…..wanting his breakfast.   So, the boys are back on hold as I get Vader fed. 

Now, back to the little people and their breakfast……oops…not quite so fast!  Vader now wants to make sure I know that he gets a spoonful of peanut butter.  Of course he does not realize a tiny little white pill is hidden in it for seizures.  I did not realize his tongue is about a foot and a half long until I watched him eat his peanut butter/pill mixture.  My daughter, Jenny, stressed that I not forget to give him his medicine; how could I forget, he reminded me like clockwork. 

Whew, now I am back discussing breakfast options!  I now heard the click, click, click of Vader’s nails as he jumps at the front door wanting to go for his morning constitutional walk.  The school teacher in me is now wondering if “time out” works for dogs!   Promising the boys that I will fix breakfast soon, I head out with Vader on a leash hoping I can get him past the neighbor’s green green grass since this is going to be a little more serious.  He obviously does not like to cootie up his own yard!

Finally, the little ones get to eat sausage, eggs, and toast!  Guess who was under my feet the entire time I cooked!  Vader is certainly very pampered and humanized.  I don’t know about the boys, but the dog certainly thinks I am nana of the year!

Vader’s behavior reminds me of what a loving master he has!  Looking back over the last few days, I am reminded of my loving Master!  He leads me, feeds me, and brings me amazing blessings.  God knows us in such a personal way.  He knows what is important to us and what is weighing on our heart.  He sees our joys, burdens, and sorrows.  He wants us to walk with him!  He has provided us the keys that will bring happiness, contentment, and joy. 
Be still, and know that I am God...    Psalm 46:10 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! He is loving having you on call. Love the ending! Thanks so much for allowing us to get away for a few days...so important for a healthy marriage.