Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dashing through the Mall! Ching, Ching, Ching!


Shopping with children is not for the weak!  Throwing a penny in the fountain, the bubble gum machine, an overstuffed umbrella stroller (filled with cheerios), a carousel ride in the  children’s play area (germs), nursing in a dressing room, a visit to the toy store (touching, touching, touching), backtracking for the baby shoe that fell off along the way, carry me whines, breaking up fights,  bathroom breaks (more germs), losing a kid in the clothing racks, petting a puppy at the pet store (begging), meltdowns, finding a place to change that diaper (you know the one that oozed out and up the babies back...UGH, and ice cream……Oh the memories of taking my three children to the mall! The bribes only worked so long.  At some point during the shopping experience, I would choose having my eyeballs rubbed with sandpaper over shopping!  I can vaguely remember, what seems like a previous life, shopping all day and having a leisurely lunch!

Finally finding that perfect outfit for myself, I make it to the dressing room (saying a sweet prayer under my breath) Getting undressed in a tiny dressing room jail cell with three kids is not fun!  They could care less about the wonderful buy or how the outfit looks on mama.  Somewhere along the way, that sweet prayer, turns into….well.…shall we say a “THREAT”. 

Of course history repeats itself!  Here are two of my grandsons on a recent shopping trip!  I tried to keep them entertained so their mom could do some shopping.  We played dare, and you are going to marry the next person that walks by; I think I made that game up (it did not go to well for me)!  Trying on masks was definitely a big hit!

Parents today can sit at home in their PJ's and shop online….so you are not likely to go on a killing spree. However, if you are going shopping with children, you better get your big girl britches on and your armor.


Psalm 118:24
This is the day which the Lord hath made; 
we will rejoice and be glad in it.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, 
 for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

James 1:2-3
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
because you know that the testing 
of your faith develops perseverance.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds just like my shopping experiences!