Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2015

My Shoplifting Experience!

     My shoplifting experience!  I know you are probably shocked, but yes, I actually shoplifted a bathing suit bottom from TJ Maxx on a recent visit to Ft. Myers.  In my defense, I was in a big hurry as it was almost time to pick up my grandsons from school.   Hopefully you are not judging me, but imagine my surprise when I got home and realized I had left the store with a bathing suit bottom (ON).   In an effort to “do the right thing”, I decided I would take the bathing suit back to my local TJ Maxx.  In a quiet voice, I explained to the clerk that I had accidentally ended up with a bathing suit bottom that I did not purchase.  Now I might have left a little part of the story out because I did not want the her to know that I actually wore it out of the store under my clothes. Eyeing me suspiciously, she calls over a store manager who looked young enough to be my son.  I swallowed hard thinking, “Oh Lord, I might end up in jail yet!”  Once again I repeat my story. The store manager told me that they could not accept it, and I would need to return it to the store it came from.  I explained, in my sweetest voice, that I might not be back in Fort Myers for a long time.   Unbending, he responded, “Ma’am, you will need to return this to the TJ Maxx in Ft. Myers!”  I responded, “Oh great, my face is probably posted on billboards all over Ft. Myers at this point!”   Who knows, I might getting one of those bracelets yet!  Signed, Sticky Fingers


No comments: