Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Band Aids

After getting my grandson, Ryder, ready for school, he quickly disappeared.  Suddenly he returned with a band aid that he obviously wanted to wear to school.   I exclaimed, “Awwww, do you have a boo-boo?”  Smiling, he pointed to his flawless forehead.  I gingerly applied the band aid to his fake injury and kissed the delicate wound.

When he proudly walked in the door at school, the teachers made such a fuss over his bogus injury.  You would have thought he had gone bungee jumping, catapulted 300 feet in the air, and somehow cut his forehead on the landing.  I now understood why he wanted to wear it.

Heck, I might wear one on my forehead next Monday if I get that kind of reception!  Is there such a thing as Angry Birds Band Aids?


As I think about real wounds, I am reminded that God knows about all of our wounds including life's emotional hurts.
We pay attention to our physical wounds, but there are other wounds that cause great pain......that is emotional wounds. Through God, we can find healing for our emotional wounds.
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.Psalm 147:3
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirited. Psalm 34:18



No comments: