Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spiders


     Phone conversation with my daughter last night...."Mom, I am taking the dog out, and I want you to stay on the phone with me while I am outside because I am scared." Footnote:  Her husband was out of town.  Obviously she believes I have supernatural powers to fly through the phone like a superhero and save her if there is a problem. 

     Suddenly I hear screaming! Now I imagine a gigantic man dressed in black with a machete and duct tape has grabbed her.  Nope, she then said, “There is a giant spider on the door.” She described it as big as an octopus! Then for the next ten minutes I listened to her scream as she attempted to kill it.  Of course the screaming picked up a notch as the octopus sauntered into the house. 

        



     I hate spiders, but there is something amazing about the spider, and that is its perseverance.  A spider never quits. When the web is broken, the spider will immediately repair it.   A spider knows no defeat. A spider will try again. That is exactly what the Devil does.  The Devil will try and try again. Watch out that you are not caught in the Devil’s web. What kind of web does Satan weave?  The Devil will be weaving his webs trying to cause us to lose our zeal. Before you know it, you will be caught in the sticky fluid of the spider's web.  Let's always be cleaning out the web. Clean out the spider webs!  Don’t get snared by the devil. 

No comments: