Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

One Word

No New Year’s resolutions for me.  According to statistics, nine out of ten people will fail with their new year’s resolutions; half of those will fail by the end of January. This is my second year to pick “One Word” to lay over my life for my New Year’s Resolution.  My one word to focus on this year is “purposeful”.  The definition of purposeful is: having a purpose, full of determination.


I have focused on choosing a word that reflects on:  my passion for life; my values, provides guidance; gives me strength; challenges me, brings frustration; brings joy.  As we all know, life passes by at an alarming rate.  My one word goal for 365 days will be to strive to be more purposeful about noticing possibilities.  As I walk through 2015, I want to consider five key areas of my life…..my spiritual life, relationships, health, work, and finances.  I need to remember to ask myself, “In what ways can I be more purposeful this year?” 

“Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people)”.  Ephesians 5: 15 Amplified Bible


Have you thought about dropping the list of resolutions and choosing one word to impact your life this year?  Ask God to give you one word to lay over your life; embrace your one word, reflect on it, and share it.  What is your one word? 



No comments: