Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Online Dating Woes


        Several years ago, at the encouragement of friends, I decided to dabble in on-line dating. I wanted to make sure that I had a RECENT picture to ensure that my date would not feel like the walk from the door to the table was a scene out of the movie "Dead Man Walking". 
        A good friend offered to take photos of me for my online dating profile. She encouraged me to perch on the railing of her deck overlooking a gorgeous lake. With the sun setting in the background, I prissily perched on the railing. I was concentrating on tilting my head slightly and smiling while waiting for the click. All of a sudden it felt like my body was on fire! Who knew I was perched above a wasp nest! The little critters had flown up my shirt and pant legs. Suddenly I was yelling and running for the house while simultaneously stripping. Not exactly the photo opp I wanted for my online dating profile!


No comments: