Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

That Time of Month

Girls and their periods! If I were writing a top ten comments list, this comment would definitely make the list. A female student approached me as she entered class today and said, “I just want to let you know that I might be grouchy for the next three days because I started my period!” Not really knowing how to respond, I replied, “Congratulations!” That was obviously not the right response because she then blurted out, “Congratulations! This is horrible!” In hind sight I realize that was a ridiculous response from me. This new event in her life was not shared with a quiet whisper but with boldness. Standing behind her was another female student who is not quite as….shall we say…..developed. She looked like I had just told her aliens would be taking over the school today! As the potential grouchy girl headed to her seat, I debated moving the boy she sits beside to the other side of the classroom just in case she decided to lash out at him during her “three day grouchy spell.


No comments: