Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

School Picture Day

      Since I am a teacher, I have a stack of school pictures from years gone by! I have seen my daughters flip these photos and howl with laughter at the different hairdos, outfits, and smiles. I have to admit, a few of them should have had a “warning” label on them. Each year I meticulously place my feet on the tape on the floor, tilt my head slightly, look into the camera, and smile. Why, I even put on extra blush before I head in the auditorium so that I don’t look too pale. Yes, I probably look a little hookerish walking down the hall with the extra blush slathered on my face. BUT, let me tell you what I did this year…..my teachers friends are going to be soooooo jealous! The photographer called me up to the camera to see if I liked my picture. Smiling sweetly, I said, “Is there any way you can back the camera up and take it again?” Now I never dreamed the camera could actually be backed up. The photographer replied, “Sure!” So, the camera was backed up (woot woot). Who knows, I might actually like my picture this year! I am wondering, however, if my picture will look like a faraway dot compared to the other teachers’ pictures in the yearbook! One can hope!


No comments: