Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Seven Reasons Why You Are Fat

     Brenda, 7 Reasons Why You Are Fat!  This is what I saw when I checked my inbox this morning; it is from AARP.   I could not help but smile as I read the article to see the 7 reasons why I am fat.  They are as follows:  1. You don't plan at the buffet. 2. You're not sleeping enough. 3. You need to relax more. 4. You're surrounded by excess. 5. You're eating addictive food. 6. You drink soda through a straw. 7. Your tiny breakfast, big dinner.
    My first thought was buffet…..Brenda does not do buffets.  I am not sure why they did not include…..exercise. I definitely felt the article was weak, but what amazed me was the response from the AARP subscribers…….offended!  Personally, I thought the title was good marketing; it enticed me to read it; however, what really caught my attention was the ad in the margins……”A DDiscount For AARP members. Just show your valid AARP membership card when you purchase any Large or Extra Large beverage and get a FREE Donut!”  




No comments: