Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Catching Fire

     Catching Fire!  No, I am not talking about the movie but my school.  Don’t worry, be happy, your child was in no danger at any time.  It all started when I sauntered down to the teacher’s lounge and put my Smart One (Chicken Fajita’s) in the microwave for a little longer than I should have; time got away from me when I got involved in a conversation discussing excellent strategies for enhancing student motivation and fostering intellectual agility (wink, wink). 

     Suddenly I realized smoke was billowing out of the microwave.  Panicking, I flew around the teacher’s lounge like a hyperventilating superhero opening windows and fanning!  Through this ordeal, I was silently praying, “Dear God, please don’t let the fire alarm go off!”  I could just imagine the school secretary calling the fire department and saying, “There’s a fire, bring water and bring Dalmatians!” This would mean the entire school would be evacuated (during lunch), and ALL teachers would dislike - no, HATE me.  When the smoke finally thinned out, and the alarm had not gone off, I wanted to get on the school intercom and lead the entire school in the song, ”Praise God from whom all Blessings Flow,” but figured I might be fired or baker acted. 
     Oh sure, there were haters up and down the hall due to the lingering atrocious smell, but I just kept smiling to myself and thanking God for his GRACE.  I just hope the school does not still have that burned caramel popcorn smell tomorrow!



No comments: