Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Resolution One Word



        My one word to focus on this year, my New Year’s Resolution word, is “INTENTIONAL”.  The definition of intentional is: to do something on purpose or deliberately; or done with full awareness of what one is doing.  I have focused on choosing a word that reflects on:  my passion for life; my values, provides guidance; gives me strength; challenges me, brings frustration; brings joy.     

        As we all know, life passes by at an alarming rate.  My one word goal for 365 days will be to strive to be more intentional about noticing possibilities.  As I walk through 2014, I want to consider five key areas of my life…..my spiritual life, relationships, health, work, and finances.  I need to remember to ask myself, “In what ways can I be more intentional in this year?”     

        I want to be intentional about special times with my children and grandchildren.  I want to be intentional with my time by being mindful of my yeses and nos.  I want to be more intentional about God’s word and my prayer life.  I want to be more intentional about trusting in God.  I want to be more intentional about noticing and appreciating.  I am committing to live intentionally by consciously choosing my actions each day.       

        What is your one word?  Embrace your one word, reflect on it, and share it.  

No comments: